If you have lost your natural teeth due to tooth decay, gum disease or injury, you may require dentures. Dentures are generally made from lifelike resin teeth bonded to a plastic base. A denture can be custom-made to match your natural teeth.
If you have lost your teeth there are a number of reasons why you should consider new dentures:
- Dentures make it easier to speak, eat and drink
- Dentures improve your appearance and make it easier to smile
- Without dentures your facial muscles will sag, making you look older
Dentures made with today’s technology can look so natural that people will not be able to tell that you are wearing dentures. The dentures will take on the character of your original teeth, so therefore you will look the same.
Types of Dentures and Their Benefits
The loss of teeth can affect your self-esteem. Not only that but the process of getting dentures can be a trying one, and it requires the right knowledge so you can get the appropriate dentures and the right fit. Also, you need to know how your Dental Prosthetist will go about the inserting process, assuming that you already have a reliable Dental Prosthetist.
Dentures are replacements for your missing teeth and some of the surrounding tissue. There are two main types of dentures, which we will take a deep look in this website.
Complete dentures are full dentures also known as False Teeth, which are mostly used when all of the patient’s teeth are missing. While there are exceptions, these kinds of dentures are commonly used by seniors. They are made after an individual’s teeth are removed, and the gum has started to heal. There are two types of dentures that fall under the complete denture category namely: conventional dentures and immediate dentures.
- Conventional dentures are made and ready to place in a person’s mouth three months after their teeth have been removed.
- On the other hand, the immediate ones are prepared earlier so that they can be inserted as soon as the patient’s teeth have been removed. Its main advantage is that you do not have to stay without teeth during the healing period. However, because gums and bones shrink over time, these dentures call for adjustments, especially during the healing period. Immediate dentures ought to be a temporary solution while the conventional dentures are being made.
These dentures are used to replace multiple teeth, but they are sometimes used for single teeth replacement as well. Partial dentures are used when some teeth are present. They are used on young individuals who have suffered from teeth injuries or gum disease. Partial dentures can also be for older people who have lost their real teeth as well. With today’s technology clasps do not have to be attached to go around your real teeth. This is something that you can talk to with your Dental Prosthetist.
Contact us today for a consultation we are located in Balcatta WA and Hillarys WA
Dentures are custom made for each and every patient. This is pretty obvious as the anatomy of our mouths and jaws differ. This means you need to attend various appointments with your Dental Prosthetist so that a perfect set of dentures can be made.
Furthermore, it is worth taking note that even though dentures are not like regular teeth, they need to be cleaned regularly, at least once per day. They need to be removed and washed with a cleaner and a brush. At first, the new dentures will have to stay in overnight, during the adjustment period.
If you reside in Perth and feel the need to have dentures, visit Direct Denture Care for the best denture services. New cosmetic dentures, implant retained overdentures, partial dentures, denture relines, emergency denture repairs or custom mouthguards, you will be surprised by the quality of services they offer.