For many people, the way our teeth look can sway our self esteem one way or the other. We all want that million-dollar smile and the confidence that comes with it, and thanks to advances in dental technology, that once elusive dream is well within reach now. Dentures are just one of the many ways by which we can support our oral health, both functionally and cosmetically. However, they can be damaged and you may need to seek denture repair services.
Can Dentures Be Repaired?
Dentures can absolutely be repaired, provided they meet the right conditions. The trickier question, however, is if dentures should be repaired or replaced entirely. Generally speaking, repairing your dentures should suffice if the damage is relatively negligible – like a chip or any minor impact such as dropping it. If the damage is too severe, or if the dentures have shattered to pieces, a replacement may be on the cards for you. Denture repair services can also be the way to go if your dentures aren’t too old. If you have had them for about 10 or more years though, then it may be time to replace them.
And ultimately, if you are unhappy with your dentures, or the fit starts to feel wrong, you should definitely look to get them replaced. A change in the fit of your dentures is normal, since the shape of the mouth and jaw changes over time for many people. Also keep in mind that if you do need to repair your dentures, never do it on your own, and always consult a specialist.
Do My Dentures Need Repairing?
If you notice any of the following signs, you may need to get your dentures repaired:
- Broken teeth — you may break or damage the teeth of your dentures accidentally when removing them or by applying too much pressure.
- Chips or cracks — while a chip or crack in your dentures may be less noticeable than a broken tooth, they can become problematic, forming sharp or uneven surfaces that can damage soft tissue in your mouth. Additionally, if not dealt with soon enough, they can become bigger and cause more problems.
- Difficulty chewing — if you’re having trouble chewing with your dentures, they may need readjusting to best suit your mouth and prevent sores.
- Discomfort — as your mouth can subtly change over time, you may need to get your dentures readjusted to prevent more significant issues.
- Bad odours — if despite regular and thorough cleaning, your dentures continue to smell, this can be a sign that there are small cracks in your dentures. They may also be stained. Repairing or replacing your dentures should stop the smell and prevent you from having bad breath.
How Do Dentists Fix Dentures?
If you need denture repairs in Perth, we offer emergency services at Direct Denture Care, because we understand that many users rely heavily on their oral prosthetics. To fix your dentures, our dentists will:
- Soak and scrub your dentures
- Prepare the broken surface
- Pour acrylic into the joint
- Cure the denture
- Trim and polish your denture
With our denture repair services, you can be assured of prompt and high-quality work, whether it be fixing a chip or break in the denture, or adding a tooth or clasp.
Get In Touch!
If you need your dentures repaired in Perth, get in touch with us at Direct Denture Care now! We have branches in Balcatta, WA and Hillarys, WA, so give us a call at (08) 9440 1540 to book an appointment, or just drop in for emergency denture repairs. Don’t let your damaged dentures dent your confidence or daily routine.