Maintaining our teeth is essential for our health and affects our overall appearance. Missing teeth can often result in mispronunciation of words and a change in your facial appearance. Dentures are usually a great solution if you are someone with missing teeth. Indeed, partial dentures can boost your confidence and appearance while keeping your natural teeth without undergoing intense and invasive procedures. This procedure is also cheaper compared to the costs of other tooth replacement options.
Whether you choose to get either upper or lower partial dentures, they are customisable to suit your needs and comfort. They are natural-looking and are made from various materials to achieve your desired look. In instances where they can be seen, it still enhances your appearance compared to missing teeth. However, since they can be made to your liking, they can be made to blend with your existing teeth. A skilled denture expert can make it so that know one would ever know you have removable partial dentures unless you told them.
Who Can Get Partial Dentures?
People get partial dentures for a variety of reasons. Some get them to improve their appearance. Others get them to improve the functionality of their mouth. People that choose partial dentures have likely experienced:
- Tooth decay
- Facial injuries or accidents
- Receding gums
- Gum disease
It’s best to speak to your dental practitioner about what type of dentures would suit you and your dental requirements.
How Will Partial Dentures Improve My Appearance?
Your dentures will be made to suit your mouth, including being customised to resemble your natural teeth as accurately as possible. Once you begin wearing your removable partial dentures, you will notice small changes in your overall facial appearance. This is because the dentures help fill out your facial structure and enhance your jaw structure. They will also give you a better bite and your face will not shrink due to loss of bone.
Make Sure to Look After Your Partial Dentures for the Best Appearance
Caring for your dentures will not only improve your experience and comfort while wearing them, but also make it harder to discern them from your natural teeth. Taking the proper steps to look after them will also ensure they last for a long time.
Here are some tips we recommend:
- Avoid dropping your dentures and be gentle with them. Stand over a sink filled with water or a table with a towel when putting them in or taking them out.
- Clean your dentures morning and night. Use a denture cleaner solution and a soft brush specifically for dentures. This is also the best way to remove stains from your partial dentures.
- Avoid using toothpaste on your dentures or a hard bristle brush. This can create micro-scratches where bacteria, food and plaque can build up.
- Between brushes, make sure to rinse your dentures after every meal. Food can become stuck and cause bad breath, plaque build-up and gum inflammation.
- Make sure you clean your mouth regularly. This includes your tongue, cheeks and gums.
- Soak your dentures in a denture solution overnight or when not in use. This will help keep them clean.
Dentures need to be examined and professionally cleaned by a dental professional from time to time. Booking in regular appointments can help maintain their natural-like appearance, as well as ensure they are still sitting comfortably in your mouth.
Do You Need Partial Dentures?
To find out more about partial dentures, speak to an expert at Direct Denture Care.